“We,” “us” and “our” refer to Sift. “You” and “your” refer to you, the user.
- Information we collect
- We may collect Personal Information, Technical Information and Location-Based Information from Users of the Service. Each of those capitalized terms is defined below.
- "Personal Information" means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including first and last name, employment information, home or other physical address, credit card and payment information, email address and password, phone number, age information and information from social media sites. It is always your not to provide Personal Information, you may not be able to use certain features of the Service.
- “Technical Information” means technical data and related information, and includes technical information about a user’s device, system and application software, peripherals. Technical Information is gathered periodically for software updates, product support, product enhancements and other services related to the Service. We may also automatically receive and record information from a user’s browser or mobile device, which could include IP addresses, cookie information, browser information and the page requested.“Location Based Information” means information related to the geographic location of a user or a user’s device.
- Cookies and Online Tracking
- Use of Information
- We may use your Personal Information, Technical Information and Location-Based Information (collectively, “Information”) to provide the Service’s features and communications to a user, to customize the user experience, to improve and to tell users about improvements to the Service.
- Non-personally identifiable data generated by your use of the Service will be owned by us and we may use it for any lawful business purpose, such as improving and telling others about our products and services. For more information about this please see the Sift Terms.
- Except as otherwise described in this Agreement, we will keep Personal Information confidential as described in the Sift Terms. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information. If you choose not to provide requested Personal Information, you may not be able to use certain features of the Service. We do not consider Technical Information to be “Personal Information,” but we will not use it in conjunction with other information that will allow a user to be personally identified. We own this Technical Information and may use it for any lawful business purpose.
- Sharing of Information
- We may provide Information to our agents, technology vendors and contractors on a “need-to-know” basis for the purpose of performing services for us, such as providing or enabling elements of the Service. Agents, technology vendors and contractors who have access to the Information are required to keep the Information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for us or as otherwise required by law.
- We and our agents, technology vendors or contractors may disclose Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief disclosure is necessary to: (1) comply with any applicable law; (2) to respond to law enforcement requests; (3) to protect and defend the rights or property of Sift or its agents, technology vendors or contractors; or (4) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public.
- Finally, if Sift merges with another organization, files for bankruptcy, or sells our assets or capital stock, we may transfer the Information to a third party or share the Information to the company or its agents with which we enter into such transaction as a part of such transaction.
- Security of Information
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect the Information. Despite the actions and precautions we take, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Subscriber and its Users acknowledge and agree that Information is transferred to us with all the risk associated with transferring information over the Internet in general.
- Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose Information on our discussion forums or other public features, or voluntarily utilize features of the Service that share Information, that Information can be collected and used by others, including your company. In short, by posting Information online that is publicly accessible, including to your company and other users at your company (i.e. through features designed to share Information), you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return or make others aware of your location. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any Information you choose to submit in connection with these features.
- Third Party Websites, Services, and Technology
- International Transfers
- Children’s Privacy
The Service is not intended for anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Information from children. If you believe that we may have collected Information from someone under the age of 13, please contact us.
- Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
- Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it (unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes). When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
- We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
- Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.